Improve your service level by inviting your shipper customers to process shipments through GR8FR8.com.
Use GR8FR8 to manage new business opportunities that are readily visible in the shipping lanes where you can provide your best services and maximize your revenue, while tracking your equipment. Offer quotes online and communicate with shippers without playing phone tag. It doesn't get any easier than this!
- NO CONTRACTS
- FREE-MARKET QUOTING
- AFFORDABLE ANNUAL FEE
Click the benefits below to learn more about how GR8FR8 is different from freight-matching and common online bidding boards.
FR8Mart is not a common bid board where the lowest bidder wins. In fact, our free-market quoting does not require carriers to bid lower. Best of all, the available shipments you find in FR8Mart will only include real freight that is still available. No more dialing for freight to find it’s not longer available. Search… click… submit.
FR8Mart is a place where you can obtain new shipper customers, who can then direct-tender to you load after load. Year after year. At FR8Mart, the carrier and shipper BOTH win!
The GR8FR8 Company is staffed with a unique combination of logistics and software experts. All of us have yearned for logistics tools that would make our job easier and more efficient without the complication of an application that requires months to learn and hours of data entry. We've all experienced those applications that are built to provide some other department with the information they need but completely neglects the logistics function in how it is developed and used. Beyond that, what good is technology if it's not user-friendly?
We are all former shippers, drivers and dispatchers and we are determined to ensure that the tools we provide are both useable and practical without complications. In fact, we use GR8FR8 in our operations as well. That means we are internal stakeholders in the usability of GR8FR8.
It is so important to monitor progress and communicate changes on shipments in North America. Having to monitor that information or constantly call for updates is inefficient and addresses issues after the fact. All too often, carriers and shippers do not get the information they need until it is too late to be proactive and the only recourse is costly reaction.
At GR8FR8, we focus on pushing information to the community members, keeping them updated on the latest information related to their shipment. Whether you are the carrier or the shipper, having information sent to the device of your choice, immediately upon its entry in GR8FR8, avoids the situation where all actions are reactions.
There are so many ways that GR8FR8 reduces risk to your company that it is important to put them all together:
- Advanced communication tools reduce the risk of a shipment not meeting delivery appointments to the customer because of misunderstandings or lost information. GR8FR8 always retains the important information.
- Establish the rules up front with your business partner about those variables that always cause disagreement after the fact such as fuel surcharges, detainment or loading and unloading charges.
- GR8FR8 reduces the risk of doing business with new partners by providing a rating scorecard of every member that uses the site called GR8Rating™. We also monitor all members to make sure that suspicious or illegal behavior is not able to loiter in FR8Mart™.
- You can always go on the web site to get a business partner's latest, vital information. For Shippers this could be the carrier's latest insurance or authority. For carriers this could be the shipper's contract or business rules.
- By viewing information that shows historical rates paid for particular commodities, in particular lanes, you will be able to evaluate the ballpark rate for a selected commodity and lane.
GR8FR8 offers you a resident mileage manager powered by our partner PC Miler®. Nobody provides more accurate information for establishing mileage information from point A to point B than PC Miler®. This means that all shipments within GR8FR8 will have tracked and recorded mileage information at your fingertips whenever you need it.
If you are a carrier with a tendered load that leaves space available on your trailer, wouldn't you want to maximize the use of your equipment and your revenue by picking up additional freight along the lane you are already committed to? Would you benefit from seeing multiple shipments that fits your available equipment, along a lane you can service? Would an LTL shipment available on a remote backhaul be better than a dead-head?
Lean practices mean different things to different people and different businesses. Two principles that transcend all lean efforts, no matter where they are performed, are reducing costs and increasing profits. The GR8FR8 community is built on the foundation of assisting all members in meeting these principles.
- Free market bidding of shipments that allow for both parties to win
- Transaction alerts that proactively notify the proper parties of shipment status or items that need attention, without having to go find them
- Access to information that supports shipment efficiency
- Historical reporting to establish baseline statistics to gauge future success
- The nature of maximizing the utilization of equipment and combining shipments along a given lane are great examples of how GR8FR8 engenders lean shipment processing
GR8FR8 firmly believes that the volunteer spirit is alive and well with logistics professionals. A logistics community that provides so many opportunities for shippers and carriers to move freight across the continent, can also provide a huge benefit to non-profits in their logistic needs.
That is why GR8FR8 provides free charity shipment postings in our community allowing for carriers to see these shipments and accommodate these loads. The seemingly small gesture of placing an extra carton in the cab of the truck may make all the difference to a non-profit trying to move that carton without spending funds that they've worked so hard to raise. A secondary benefit might be the opportunity for a tax break if your tax accountant agrees.
Shippers who see charity shipments originating near them, destined to locations they are shipping to, can contact the charity shipper to incorporate their shipments and save the charity from paying for the move themselves.
If we all pitch in, we can make a difference.
The ideas are always cooking here at GR8FR8.
- Improved lane tracking and visibility of available truck space by lane
- RFQ generation and on-line bidding
- Shipping project generation and on-line bidding
- Web-based GPS tracking of shipments en route
- On-line financial settlement between shippers and carriers
- Multi-modal shipping
- Additional services to support your self-brokering efforts
- On-line invoicing, matching, audit and settlement
- Electronic and Printable Shipping Documents
What differentiates GR8FR8 from the hundreds of simple freight boards that pepper the web is the fact that we care about the shipping process. GR8FR8 is your "central warehouse" for freight communications as well as the historical record-keeper of shipment updates. The ability to note status updates, shipment changes, comments, or potential problems can forestall if not eliminate performance charges from consignees. Not having to get on the phone and chase down the right person-- or not having a record of the update you performed-- saves time, arguments and costs.
What's coming to GR8FR8
- Web-based GPS tracking of shipments en route